Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I left my heart. . . in the garden

Reposted from May 28, 2011 http://hipurbanfarmer.myblogsite.com/entry17.html#body

Have you planted those potatoes I gave you.
One looked at the other, sheepishly he replied, no
Do you need some help?
He looked at him and nodded his head as if his head nodding would nod his partner's head too
Yes.
Does that mean I get to wear my overalls? 
Yes, I think it does, he nodded slyly.
I'll bring you some worms.

I was incredibly excited to garden with my friend, but I reminded myself that this was his yard and he should take the lead. Even still, I went home, scooped out some worms from the composter, and looked around for what else I could gift to him.
Oh yeah, these potato bags and these water spikes, two 2-liter bottles for the spikes. . . what else? Oh yeah cilantro seeds and stevia seeds.  I bustled around the house, telling the cats to scat as I got my things together. I was very excited to garden with a friend.
In truth, I think that gardening with a friend has always been a great desire.  I can't imagine anything more joyous other than experiencing the planting of vegetables with a friend. I had a great time kneeling in the dirt, digging holes, filling those holes with water putting a selected plants in the holes and covering them with dirt.
What else is there to say? Eventually, the rain harvesting cycle will end and we will all be planting again!
Share

one comment
Yay for gardening and friends! Thank you again for all your help! I did some weeding yesterday, so I’m in full gardening mode now! :)
Eugenio (email) - 31 05 11 - 21:01

No trackbacks:

No comments:

Post a Comment