Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gardening 2011

Reposted February 3, 2011

It is time once again to prepare the seeds for spring. I know what you're thinking. . . Where have I been since I last blogged. Hibernating, of course.  The frozen tozen season of winter has a tendency to get me down, but in January I started planning my garden.
This year I plan to add one more raised bed to my yard as well as add purple potatoes and soybeans.  These plants, of course are in addition to what I already grow: lettuce, tomatoes, herbs, onions black-eyed peas, cantaloupe, cabbage, spinach, kale, collards and probably a few other veggies, I've forgotten.  To add a vegetable or three to my list of garden vegetable plans is the way of the gardener.  The excitement gardeners have over growing vegetables is so curious. It often beings with a simple question.  "I wonder if I can grow poppies in the back yard," I've said aloud. Only to be reminded of the various uses for such a plant and decide to go another route.
Don't get me wrong, I'm interested in medicinal plants.  I just think that I'll keep my nose clean and hands full of soil before my wanderings get me in trouble.  By the way, I think you can grow poppies; it's the other medicinal stuff you get in trouble for growing. So purple potatoes and soy beans it is.  I promise to be more frequent in my posts, now that it's time to get the seedlings started.

Winter Blues





No comments:

Post a Comment