Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Here comes . . .

Reposted from August 5, 2011 http://hipurbanfarmer.myblogsite.com/entry25.html#body


HUF aka Melissa Jeter
Today, I picked my first tomatoes off the vine. Woo hoo!  I am grateful.

Right around this time of year, I am anxious about there being enough time to get those tomatoes off the plants. I really need to go back and look at how it started. I mean I start from seed. Most of what I grow I start from seed. The fact that it takes root and eventually produces fruit is a miracle on and of itself. Yet, there they were three beautiful roma tomatoes. Not enough to can, but definitely enough for me to make a pot of sauce for one.

Now that's gratitude that's hip!


two comments
Doesn’t the whole process make you feel like a magician? It was a seed and water and dirt and now it’s spaghetti sauce?
Linda (email) - 14 08 11 - 11:09
Yep, it does make me feel like a magician!
HUF (email) - 17 08 11 - 10:41

No comments:

Post a Comment