Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ummm, I'm more hip and urban than. . .

I am at the Buffalo Ranch in Hanover, Michigan. Though I recognized the wood furnace outside the buildings, I didn' t recognize this farming. . .and well it ain't for sissies.

These buffalo are raised for meat. They are vegetarians and not hippies. They have three stomachs. The hair on the buffalo is a little softer than wool. Buffalo live for 40 years. These ladies and gentlemen eat corn, hay, and grass.

They eat free range on 240 acres of land. It is much more sustainable than other steer. And even though they have names, they are taken in young and slaughtered. They don't have a lot of fat on them so eating them is better for you.

Now that was hip!





2 comments:

  1. I heart Dave The Buffalo Wrangler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, such a gentle and reasonable mano
      -HUF

      Delete