Saturday, December 17, 2011

What's an urban farmer to do in the winter?



Well after that last rousing blog about Death. . . what exactly is an urban farmer to do in the winter?


Ok, so after I get out my sun lamp and pop a few vitamin D3 to enhance my mood, I finally remember that I can plan out the farm for next year.  Yes, indeed!

Winter is where the plans for the spring begin.  While the holidays have yet even to pass at this point, I have received my seed catalog!


Oh Joy to the world! The seeds have come!  Let Earth receive her. . .  you get the picture.


I quickly page through the catalog enjoying all the bright colors of heirloom vegetables, flowers and herbs. I reflect on last year's crops.  And I think, how can I make it BIGGER!!!!


Yes, BIGGER!. Yes, I know I live in the city. Yes, I realize my backyard is not really a farm. No, I'm not concerned about the property value of my house; I bought a house to live in and homestead.  No, I don't really care what the neighbors think.

Happy Planning!

2 comments:

  1. Dear HUF, Do you provide individual consulting for garden planning? I'm interested in contracting for your services. In addition, I need help in the early spring to create a garden in the space where my garage once stood. Let's discuss rates . . . I'm serious! EM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's negotiate offline. In the meantime, look for the next post about planning your urban farm.

    ReplyDelete