Thursday, October 6, 2011

What did she do with all those potatoes?


by Melissa Jeter aka HUF

The potato harvest was fantastic! Now, I know you are wondering what I did with all those potatoes.  Well, after thoroughly washing them I made mashed potatoes of course. Here's a heuristic recipe: Cut up your potatoes and boil them in water. When they are soft, meaning test the softness of the potatoes with a fork. If the potato falls apart easily, t hen it is time to drain off the water and mash.  I use the following in my mash potatoes, balsamic vinegar, a milk (I use almond milk, but you can use cow mil or soy milk or any other kind of milk that floats your boat), garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Once again, this is a heuristic, so use these ingredients at amounts that taste good to you.


Now once, I cooked up all those mashed potatoes, I  froze them for later.  I scooped them out on an oiled pan and put the pan in the freezer. Once frozen, I put them in a bag that I can vacuum seal

The next dish I tried was potato salad.  I'm not a potato salad kind of farmer, so I thought I would try a new recipe.  Well, I just didn't like it at all. I used a low fat, vegan dressing, mustard and garlic powders, and a little salt.  Here's what it looks like.   However, I still don't like potato salad. 


Someone help me! Give me a recipe I can use.

2 comments:

  1. How about a tabouli recipe and use diced potatoes in place of the bulgar wheat? - Beth Covert

    ReplyDelete